Good morning and happy Saturday! I hope everyone had as nice of an evening my family as I did. Mike got home from work freakishly early. We whipped up a homemade pizza margherita and big salads. It was scrumptious – and super duper easy.
Pre-made whole wheat pizza dough – Or your could make your own.. I have yet to experiment with that!
Pizza sauce – We used Trader Joe’s pizza sauce… SO good.
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out your pizza dough to your desired size and shape and throw it in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
3. While your dough is crisping up a bit, slice up your tomatoes, mince your garlic and wash and dry your basil.
4. Take your dough out of the oven and top with desired amount of pizza sauce, then cheese, then basil, then tomato slices. Sprinkle desired amount of garlic over the top of your pizza along with some salt and pepper.
5. Back into the oven it goes for about 15-20 minutes. YUM!
Chocolate Mousse with Whipped Cream
6 ounces dark chocolate – I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao.
3 egg whites
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp. sugar
3/4 + 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1. Melt chocolate over double boiler. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix egg whites. Add pinch of salt and sugar one tablespoon at a time slowly to egg whites. Mix until stiff.
3. Using your hand mixer again, mix up your whipping cream on medium speed until stiff and again add to egg white/chocolate mixture in three parts folding gently until well combined. Spoon your mousse into serving cups or bowls (I divide this recipe into fourths) and let them chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes. For a “harder” consistency, store in fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Using your hand mixer, mix the rest of your whipping cream until stiff with a touch of sugar to sweeten it up a little bit. Top mousse with whipping cream when ready to serve.
I met my goal this morning of running 8 miles – WOO! I came back home, took a shower and hopped right back into bed for a whole two more hours!! YES – Keira slept til 9AM! It’s unheard of… and beautiful.
When we all woke up Mike and I debated on whether or not we should go out for breakfast but opted to stay in and make our own. We both agreed our cooking probably tasted better than any diner out there. It was a pretty awesome breakfast spread.
A bacon, cheddar, red/green pepper omelet to split, homemade waffles and blueberry muffins graced the table. All three of us attacked it!!
What a PERFECT Saturday morning (and Friday night!!) spent with my two favorite people in the whole wide world. We’re continuing the good times today by heading out to the lake for a big family party. Loving it!! Enjoy your weekend, all!!