Google how to make overnight oats and you will find a ton of different recipes. However after quite a bit of experimenting I find this method to be the most tasty way of making them by a long shot. Enjoy!!
The night before:
1. Combine 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats and 1 1/2 cups water in microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes to start.
3. When the 2 minutes are up, check your oats and stir them around a little before returning back into the microwave for another minute. It’s very important that you keep a very close eye on them so that you can halt the cooking process if they start to bubble over. It would look a little like this:
4. Remove your bowl of oats from microwave (careful, it’s hot!) and let it rest on the counter and come to room temperature. In the end they should look like this after about 3 minutes in the microwave, depending on your power. You may have to zap for a few more seconds.
6. Remove oats from refrigerator and thoroughly stir in one package of Greek vanilla nonfat yogurt (or any yogurt you’d like, really. I just find that the vanilla flavored yogurt tastes best with this recipe).
Your final creation should look like this after all yogurt is incorporated evenly throughout your oats bowl:
– Peanut butter and raspberry jam – My ultimate fav
– Peanut butter and banana slices
– Peanut butter and chocolate almond butter – tastes like a Reese’s PB Cup!
– Peanut butter and … Let’s face it – ANYTHING would taste bangin’ with PB!
– Strawberries and blueberries
– Strawberries and banana
– Blueberries and almond butter
– Blueberries and maple syrup
– Banana slices and dark chocolate chips – if you’re feeling especially indulgent in the morning!
– Cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins – It’ll taste like a Cinnabun!
Use your imagination and let your mood determine what kind of creation you come up with! The possibilities are literally endless… there’s no wrong combination!
7. When you’ve decked out your bowl of oats with any and all fix-ins you desire, return the bowl to the fridge to chill for 15 minutes – or just dig right in!
I always chill mine right before
stuffing my face slowly enjoying, especially when I’ve added peanut butter. The ribbons of swirled-in PB harden a little bit and I absolutely love the taste and texture of it. YUM!